Image Map

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Oh, hey there friends

Yes, I'm still here. A lot has happened since the last time I talked to all of you. I'm three weeks into a six-week internship, I'm only at Texas Roadhouse like once a week, my little sister went to a bunch of proms and graduated from high school, and I hung out with Luke a lot. Okay, maybe that last part isn't so different from the last time I talked to you but of course I had to include him in it. 

I'm interning at HLK in St. Louis and I seriously love it so much. I didn't know I could fall in love with working somewhere so fast, but I have. Really though, how awesome would it be if it turned into a real big-girl job!? I might die. I'm learning so much in such a short amount of time. They don't have me running around getting coffee, they have me and the other interns coming up with an actual project and really pitching our idea to people. It's crazy to me and exciting and like I said, if I could live here I would. I didn't say that? Well, now you know. Embarrassing.

My little baby sister graduated from high school back in May and I could not be prouder of her than I was that day. She was one of the valedictorians and they gave the most adorable speech. She has worked so hard to get to where she is now. And she thought she wanted to be a vet when she goes off to school in August but after shadowing one the other day and witnessing a german shepherd being neutered, I don't know if she wants to do that anymore. I think the whole passing out during it and waking up with her shoes off might have given her the idea that something like studying Mass Communication might be more down her route. Who knows.

The Hawks are in the Stanley Cup final, in case you weren't aware. And if that's the case then bye. Joking, kind of. But I wore a Hawks jersey one night during the regular playoffs and they lost so I haven't worn one since and now look where they are. So I only have like 1 picture in my jersey. Sad, I know. 

Nick was gone for pretty much two weeks in a row a couple weeks ago and Luke decided that because of that he was going to turn into the biggest brat ever. Not even joking. He peed every day Nick was gone (this isn't an exaggeration). He sometimes peed twice in the apartment. He sometimes pooped inside along with peeing inside. And also tore up four pillows. It was the longest two weeks of my life. He hates being home alone. I guess that's my fault. Whatever. So he was put in timeout behind the couch a few too many times. 

So now here are a bunch of pictures because that's my life and I love taking pictures of everything I do. Hopefully I'll see you all sooner rather than later.

 
The view from my office. There's my other favorite place straight ahead. The one place I swear if it was legal and not looked down on, that I would set up a tent and live. (Busch Stadium in case you were unaware).


 photo signiature_zps56ce7144.png

3 comments:

Karen Peterson said...

Oh no! Bad dog!

My little sister just graduated from college. It's fun to get to be so proud, isn't it?

Meghan said...

I've missed you! Luke's adorable even if he's been a bad pup!

Unknown said...

Yayyy! So happy you started back up. I'm getting going on mine, too. I want to hear all about your internship! :)